ChiZz UnlmtD

just another episode of my life. akosiivan: now and then.

11.15.2012

11/15/12 Day 69 since i last drank alcohol. I have endured this longevity of sobriety and will continue to do so. i am quite impressed with myself to be able to keep up with this ordeal and i have been getting a lot of support among my peers in regards to my sudden change of lifestyle and I, myself, am very glad that I did it. In the midst of all the changes happening within and around me, I find myself puzzled of who or what I am or was. What I’m trying to say is that is it too late to reinvent myself?... I mean, am I supposed to figure out who I am by taking away drinking from my life? at one point, my thirst and my desires was a constant reminder of how my life was not going anywhere, stuck on the same spot while my vices drags me down and back to where I was. I was starting to feel that change is hopeless at the time. Luckily, I saw an opportunity to bounce back and live positively and finally took the chance for a change. I think at this point of time, I am comfortable enough to say that I have not found my true self, my true potential, the real me… I seem to stroll along this fine line that I call life on cruise control because I do not even know what I want, what I need, who I am, and or what I should be doing. It is funny that my frustration leads to this. For now, all I want is to figure it out. I have to start taking a grasp of my own destiny. It is kind of a broad ideal, to be able to figure out what I am destined to be. I think it is because i have just seen Batman’s latest movie and he seem to have it all figured out. I want to be like that. Know what I want, what my true bliss in life is. A bat cave! Maybe it pertains to my very own house. A bat car, I have that. Bat girl? Not really getting any luck with that neither. How about a multi-billion dollar investment? NOPE, don’t have that also. I think I am shooting kind of high on my own destiny. But still I feel inspired. From now on, I will look up to Bruce Wayne. Moving on with life and current activities. i have recently witnessed one of the most inspiring raw talent in music that i have ever heard. Mumford and Sons. i have never felt a musician's feelings, charisma, and strength until i saw them perform live. this made me even more impressed, intrigued even, with the two albums that i have neglected within my playlist for quite some time now. never knew how a band can hold me down where i was at as i stand and sing in awe while freezing in the middle of the night in hollywood bowl. i felt moved, a sudden reminder of books i have read in my freshmen year in highschool came across my mind. Grapes of Wrath by steinbeck was one of them. i would not think of a band from the UK with the style of music that originates in the US but they somehow can pull it off gracefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home